Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wooden Globes

I really needed a few more objects to decorate my plumbing pipe shelving unit and I thought that these would look great on them.  I found this tutorial on the Objective:Home blog and I love it because it was easy and cheap!  The only supplies needed is embroidery hoops and a few thumbtacks and stain.


Materials Needed:
Wooden spheres

Embroidery hoops
Stain or paint
Thumbtacks

I purchased 4 embroidery hoops which will make 2 wooden globes.  I have included a picture with the sizes that I used.  Each embroidery hoop contains two hoops which can be taken apart when creating the globe.  I started by coating the hoops in a dark walnut stain that I had in the garage.  Take two hoops and make an "x" then add one more to make the "x" look like there is a line through it.  Then place the last hoop over the three hoops and place a few thumbtacks to keep it in place.  I could push the thumbtack through the wood and then use a hammer to make it flush.  I had bright thumbtacks so I just painted over them with black paint.  Please feel free to comment or ask questions!


Here is a picture of the diy wooden globes on my diy plumbing shelf...




#wooden, #globe, #hoop, #diy, #embroidery