Thursday, July 18, 2013

IKEA Rast Makeover

Here is my DIY makeover of an IKEA Rast dresser which I purchased for under $40.00.  I found this idea on this blog forme-foryou and it was really easy since all of IKEA's furniture is flat-packed and needs assembled.  It made the process of painting and staining very easy, which is much appreciated.
I started by staining the sides, top, and panel on bottom with dark walnut stain.  Then I painted the front pieces and the inside of the drawers with white paint.  I added a coat of polyurethane to give it a little shine.  I found the drawer pulls online for really cheap and added them once the piece was assembled. Here is a picture of the side table on its own.

I will post more pictures once I get my new bedspread so you can see the whole wall.  It's getting closer to being finished!  Please feel free to comment or ask questions.

#diy , #endtable , #makeover , #rast