Monday, August 19, 2013

DIY Studded Box

DIY
This was an easy, but time consuming diy project.  I was inspired by the Jonathan Adler charade square studded box (Pictured Below) which is gorgeous but expensive!  I used white high gloss spray paint and added a clear gloss over the top.  The box and studs were purchased from hobby lobby and cost less than $10.

Charade square studded box


Materials Needed:
Small box
Studs (Usually found in the fashion aisle)
White high gloss spray paint
Clear gloss spray
Glue 

I started the project by hammering the studs into the wooden box but noticed that it was difficult to keep everything in a straight line.  I then pushed the prongs on the stud in and flattened them on tile.  Once I added a little glue and placed them onto the box it created a much stronger bond and allowed me to keep the studs in a straight line.  

Once the studs were all in place I added about 5 coats of the high gloss white spray paint followed by about two coats of clear gloss.  I really wanted a gloss finish on this box.  I really like it, but I wish the box was a little larger.  Hobby Lobby was out of the middle sized boxes, but you might have better luck at your local store.  Here is additional picture of this project and feel free to comment or ask questions!
Project


#box , #studded , #diy , #project